Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop Ups problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nativetexan

nativetexan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I feel so lost. ;) I did exactly as you said. As it rebooted, I had coffee. About 15 minutes later, I went to the computer again. I signed in & then got another coffee. :) I waited about 30 more minutes in case it needed to do things after I signed on. Still, no pop up with a log. :tazz: I DID do a search in my computer for VX2. The following is what it showed me... It wouldnt let me copy/paste so I have to type it myself.

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab In that folder are the following things....
epndVX2h.gpd
epndVX2j.gpd
epndVX2k.gpd
epndVX2m.gpd

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Search for this: log.txt with today's date. Have a look and see if it starts with l2m fix. It is probably in the same place as the programme.

nativetexan

nativetexan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I tried that & it only showed my Norton Ghost. I think I am about ready to just reformat the computer. These things are driving me bananas. :tazz: lol

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Don't go formatting anything; I found out from another geek that the new fix for L2m does this on some PC's and you can get round it. Have a read:

Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

Extra note... after reboot and logging in, normally a screen will pop up and perform the rest of the fix and notepad opens automatically afterwards.
If that doesn't happen, you'll have to do it manually, so open your L2M-folder which is present on your desktop and doubleclick second.bat.
Let it run and notepad (log.txt) will open then. Copy and paste the contents of it in your next reply with a new hijackthislog.

"Edit,
As there has been no reply from the original poster this topic is now closed,
Should you have any further problems please create a new Topic,

Thanks "

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 22 August 2005 - 02:23 AM.