Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Sysprep

• Please log in to reply

jweinraub

jweinraub

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I read the MS knowledge base articles and all of them require the boot cd, which takes time. My company gets new laptops every so often to give to employees and before we deploy them, we put on our image which contains additional programs that we get. However after that is all said and done, it is re-sysprepped for them to use.

So my question is, how do I remove sysprep temporarily at least, install the additional programs we put on them, change the wallpaper, and modify the network settings (turn off DHCP, change to static IP, and change netmask) and reseal the laptop.

Can this be done easily, as maintaining images in ghost is rather tedious since laptop hardware specs change so quickly, changing graphics drivers is rather annoying.

Thanks

Edit: I rather not go through the sysprep process and put dummy info and resysprep. If that is the best way, then let me know. Mainly I ask, because I want this process to be automated much as possible.

Edited by jweinraub, 04 August 2005 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements