Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lavasoft Adaware removing IE History [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hsonline

hsonline

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it possible to configure Lavasoft's Adaware program to NOT remove the history in Internet Explorer?

I know Favorites is an option, but I would like to keep my history intact until I decide to get rid of it.

Thanks,

hsonline

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Do you mean cookies?

I don't have Ad-aware installed on this work computer, but I think after Ad-aware finishes scanning your computer, it allows you to select what to delete. Just don't select those history files.

hsonline

hsonline

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks greyknight17!

I should have known better. You were absolutely right, after Adaware finishes it's scan, it allows you to view what it is about to quarantine. I opened up the "Negligible Items" and scrolled down until I found the "Internet Explorer Addresses". I selected that one entry, and told Adaware to ignore it from now own.

I then selected everything else, and deleted it all, and when I opened up IE again, my history was still there.

Thanks.

hsonline

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.