Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Driver Install Probs...

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
;) Hello all. Here's my prob. I've just had a hard drive crash so I installed a new hard drive and Windows XP. Everything seems to be working fine except for the darn video card. I have an ATI Radeo 9800 Pro and tried to install the drivers off the CD provided. When I try to install the driver, however, I get the following error:

Severe
Setup was unable to complete the installation.
Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA

I tried to find the standared VGA with no luck. Any ideas where to find this or how to fix this problem?? :tazz:

Thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

MadEyeMoodie

MadEyeMoodie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Go to the ATI website and download the Latest Catalyst Driver for XP
I have that problem everytime I redo this thing, which is quite often and I have the same problem with the 9200.

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Ok I gave that a try and it's still saying "try installing a standard VGS adapter driver." any other ideas? :tazz:

Edited by Twiztnin223, 04 August 2005 - 10:40 AM.

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
your motherboard should have come with a cd or you may have to refer to the manufacturer's website and look up downloads for your motherboard.

you may need to download and install agp drivers. it may also be listed as "chipset" drivers. "graphic drivers". hyperion drivers. "gfx drivers" etc.

try finding and installing these drivers and let us know if this fixes your problem.
Kalian

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
That was it. I needed the Chipset drivers, but I got them off the internet. Thanks a bunch^^

[Thread Closed]

Edited by Twiztnin223, 14 August 2005 - 05:06 PM.

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
no problem. happy to help ^_^