Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wow.. Huge Virus.. Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

KingJeux

KingJeux

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, I was searching for some help, and this looked like a suitable place to find some.

Last night I went to a friend's website, but it turns out it was really hacked. Right from the beginning I got all these spyware warnings and 'this program has preformed an illegal operation' and such. When I finally got out, my desktop had changed to a blue screen with something like 'your system has been infected' in the middle. There was now a 'Free XXX' icon on the desktop as well as some notepad files and the like. I got the blue screen and restarted, and I keep getting dialers popping up, and something trying to send all these e-mails until finally my pc just shuts down.

So I booted in safe mode, ran norton and got rid of a lot of them, however there are still a lot left. I still have the red and white x's in the bottom, and well as spyware warnings. Also, I noticed a program called SpySheriff that I hadn't downloaded. In the spyware warnings it says that "Windows will now download and install the most up to date spyware protection" but I think that it's fishy, so I'm not gonna use that program. I'm trying adaware now, but that doesn't seem to be helping.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post, but I am in dire need of some help from the more experienced. I'm on my brother's comp right now, but mine's just in the other room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brennan.

Advertisements

KingJeux

KingJeux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey.. does anyone think they could give me a hand?

KingJeux

KingJeux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
May I ask what it takes to get a reply / some help around here?