Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5.594.000

• Please log in to reply

Webb

Webb

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have identical installations of ZA Pro 4.5.594.000 on two separate computers. Both are Win XP Pro SP2. I know there is a later version of it but I don't want it and I don't want to be constantly reminded of it.

It is cooperative on one computer and allowed me to "Check for Updates" manually - no nagging reminders.

On the other computer, though, the "Check for Updates" boxes are greyed out and disabled. As a result I get a popup every 30 days or so "reminding" me that an update is available. How can I enable it? I have considered putting the computers next to each other on my desk and searching through regedit until I find a difference but that's kind of hit or miss.

Advertisements

Webb

Webb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Is bumping acceptable in this forum?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Just uninstall ZA, search your machine for remnants of ZA and delete them, then reinstall ZA again.

makai