Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers wont display pages

• Please log in to reply

GumGim

GumGim

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I ran HiJack this as well as a few other spyware scans. After getting rid of a few things in HiJack THIS, I can no longer get my browser (IE or Mozilla) to dispaly any webpages at all.

Can anyone help? What did I delete that I need for the browsers to display pages and what can i do to fix it? I'm in a time crunch and running out of time. Thanks

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I would reverse what I did in hijack this.

HijackThis comes with a backup and restoral procedure in the event that you erroneously remove an entry that is actually legitimate. If you have configured HijackThis as was shown in this tutorial, then you should be able to restore entries that you have previously deleted. If you have had your HijackThis program running from a temporary directory, then the restoral procedure will not work.

If the configuration setting Make backups before fixing items is checked, HijackThis will make a backup of any entries that you fix in a directory called backups that resides in the same location as Hijackthis.exe.

If you start HijackThis and click on Config, and then the Backup button you will be presented with a screen shot like Figure 6 below. You will have a listing of all the items that you had fixed previously and have the option of restoring them. Once you restore an item that is listed in this screen, upon scanning again with HijackThis, the entries will show up again.

http://www.bleepingc....html#HTRestore

GumGim

GumGim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I must've deleted the backup. There's nothing there. Anything else I can do? Do you know what would cause the browsers to not be able to display pages?