Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bios Doesn't Recog. SATA, Instal of XP sp2 fails

• Please log in to reply

IDontKnowPleaseHeeeeelp

IDontKnowPleaseHeeeeelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help!!!
Evening all,

I've recently put together a new PC using a MachSpeed Venom64 K8m800 motherboard and one SAMSUNG 160GB SATA HD. I have no other hard drives connected.

I've got the SATA drivers on floppy as created from the MachSpeed website and I have formatted the SATA HD using XP's setup.

I then boot up using the XP sp2 CD and do the usual F6 to select the drivers from the floppy. I then press enter to continue and it says "loading files" then "starting windows" then I hit enter accept agreement w/ F8 and then It takes me to a page that says Unknown Disk 0GB, Unknown Disk 0GB, and then Unknown Disk 160000 mb. I try to partition into two 80GB Partition and install XP on C: and it says XP can't be installed on this type of disk. It says raw partition not NTFS or FAT.

Also Bios won't rtecognize the HD at all.

I would appreciate any help on this. I have been tearing my hair out for days!

Thanks,

Heeeeeeeeeelp

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. There should be an option in your bios to enable SATA. It may be in one of the advanced set up screens. Refer to your motherboard manual for details on this. If you don't have a manual, you should be able to get one at the motherboard manufacturers web site.

Here is a good link for information on SATA, a tutorial
http://www.omnicast....build/SATA.html