Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc shuts down

• Please log in to reply

texastwister

texastwister

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
can someone help my problem
my computers shuts down on its own after being on a few minutes to a few hours in the middle of a chat room or even on the net, i was in here before and it just shuts down it restarts all the time, i had replaced the power supply, the case as well

i have an AMD 2000+ with 512 mb of ddr 3300 memory ON A ABIT MOBO NF7 S2 GRFORCE 5200 AGP W/128 MB OF RAM SB LIVE SOUND CARD WD HD 160 GIG AND WIN XP PRO I HAVE TRIED WORM VIRUS SOFTWARE TO SEE IF THAT WAS IT AND ITS CLEAN
I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE THERE IS I CAN DO , I KNOW THERES ALOT MORE, BUT IM NOT THAT SAVVY WITH COMPUTERS, I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, SO IF ANY HELP THATS OUT THERE, I WOULD LOVE THE HELP OR ANY DIRECTION I CAN BE POINTED TO, THANLK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Does it do it in Windows? Or other places..... meaning before you get to Windows?

Edited by paulcomputerman, 04 August 2005 - 07:09 PM.

texastwister

texastwister

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it does it anywhere i am.. in email windows the net a game anywhere

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Do u get a warning message that it is going to shutdown, or it just shutdowns without warning