Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan-spy [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sosaman20

sosaman20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
here is the log in normal mode, i wont be able to get the cd for a few days because she lives about 45min away, so anyway, i could just do that on my own and reply again if i need any help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:54:50 AM, on 8/15/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:9022
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {DE7190F0-EB58-48D8-80A9-5B597E31099E} - (no file) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {DE7190F0-EB58-48D8-80A9-5B597E31099E} - (no file) (HKCU)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Content Monitoring Tool (msCMTSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
very good, I don't see any malware! You did it very well.

you can now uninstall / remove these tools:

ewido (trial version)
nailfix utility
dsrfix
smitrem
findpf.bat
silent runners
rootkit revealer
registrar lite
cwsserviceremove
service filter
winpfind
track qoo
fixkorgo
rdrivrem
fixme.bat
killbox

:) :tazz: :ph34r: :) :) :tazz: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Congratulations! :) your system is CLEAN!

WinXP Reset & All-Clean1

We have a couple of last steps to perform and then you're all set.

First, let's reset your hidden/system files and folders. System files are hidden for a reason and we don't want to have them openly available and susceptible to accidental deletion.
* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading UNSELECT Show hidden files and folders.
* CHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.
Next, let's clean your restore points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
[/list]System Restore will now be active again.

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
You should also have a good firewall. Here are 3 free ones available for personal use:and a good antivirus (these are also free for personal use):It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visitmonthly. And to keep your system clean run these free malware scannersweekly, and be aware of what emails you open and websites you visit.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klein: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Security Updates - Softwares:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Security-Updates-f69.html

.: My Blog :.

sosaman20

sosaman20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i went to my sisters apartment today and she could not find the windows xp cd, i also looked and i had no luck in finding the cd. so i was browsing through her files and on the compaq computers, it had a thing called system recovery, so i clicked on it and it said that it would restore it to the way she bought it without modifying the files she has on there now, so i waited for it to do it's thing, then a message came up saying that it needed this file, c_20127.nls. it said that we could get it from the xp cd, but since we dont have it, could i get it off of our other computer that has windows xp, or can i download a file and transfer it over, this comes up when the black windows xp screen is loading during startup, and it wont load everything until the file is there. i hope you can still help me, if this is out of your malware subject range, could you transfer me over to someone who knows something about windows xp operating system? thanks in advance!

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
okay, let me just verify. Did you follow my prevention tips including the important step to create a NEW restore point before you did the system recovery?

If you did the system recovery thing first before creating a new restore point, then you just brought back the infections that we had previously fixed.

the previous data that were kept on the previous restore point were all from infected state of your system. After the system recovery it actually recovered everything from good to bad. :tazz:

let us verify if it actually did put back those badies.

run another hijackthis log, post it here again.

reboot in safe mode.

run ewido if it is still installed, save results then post the log.

reboot back in normal mode. have an online scan with Panda scan, save the results then post back.

tell me how is everything running now.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
hi sosaman,

sorry for the confusion between the system recovery to system restore:

What is system recovery?
When other methods of repairing your system software (like system restore or application recovery) have not worked, you may want to use the HP Pavilion system recovery program as a last resort to reinstall your operating system and software programs.
Performing a system recovery will return your HP Pavilion home PC to its original software configuration as shipped from the factory. This process will delete any data or programs that you installed after purchase. Be sure to back up any data that you want to keep onto a removable disc.
The system recovery program uses a special recovery partition on the hard disk that stores an image of the original software. This space on the hard disk is not available for your use.
To start system recovery:
Turn off the PC. Disconnect all peripheral devices from the PC except the monitor, the keyboard, and the mouse. Turn on the PC.
If the computer works, skip to step 4 and continue. If the computer does not work, press and hold the On button until the computer turns off. Continue with step 3.
Wait a few seconds and then press the On button to turn the computer on. During the startup, when the color screen with the logo appears, press the F10 key on the keyboard. (You have only a few seconds to press the F10 key before the normal startup process continues.) Continue with step 11.
Click Start on the taskbar.
Choose All Programs.
Choose Hewlett-Packard.
Choose hp pavilion pc tools.
Click hp pc system recovery.
Wait until the recovery box appears asking Do you really want to start HP PC System Recovery?
Click Yes to continue the recovery process.
Follow the onscreen instructions. Insert recovery CD #1 if directed.
Complete the computer startup and finish the registration process. Then reconnect all peripheral devices.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
anyways please include this fix in the Hijackthis log:
Close any programs, Open Hijackthis, scan then put check on these entries.

O9 - Extra button: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {DE7190F0-EB58-48D8-80A9-5B597E31099E} - (no file) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {DE7190F0-EB58-48D8-80A9-5B597E31099E} - (no file) (HKCU)

then click fix.

sosaman20

sosaman20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
sorry i havent posted a log yet, but i have to reinstall all the componets with the "found new hardware wizard" it always says that the componets are not like, verified or compatible with her system, but if they are the componets that came with her computer..... why wouldnt they be compatable? i dont know, stupid compaq is all that i have to say, sorry if i offend anyone, but it seems like they have been cutting corners anyway they can just to make a quick buck i would never buy one. anyway, until that gets done i cant run any programs becuase they always freeze up becuase of the hardware installation keeps coming up. get back to me as to what you think of this...

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

I forgot you do NOT have internet connections, please read all instructions from another PC with internet connections and SAVE or PRINT them for reference.

Since you started to do a system recovery, we do NOT need the logs anymore. We will continue with what has been started. :tazz:

HOW TO DO A SYSTEM RECOVERY:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&dlc=en&lang=en

THINGS TO DO AFTER A SYSTEM RECOVERY:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00276693&dlc=en&lang=en

Then follow all the tips I gave you from post#32 of this topic.

Let me know how this goes.

sosaman20

sosaman20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i finally got everything back in order on her computer here is the hjt log (CROSS FINGERS!)

Scan saved at 9:31:16 PM, on 8/22/2005

Running processes:
c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WCOLOREAL] "C:\Program Files\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] c:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\Cfgwiz.exe /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Content Monitoring Tool (msCMTSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Have you read post#37 ?

Please close all remaining windows, disconnect from the internet, open HijackThis then click SCAN. Please put a check on the following items listed below:

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

Make sure to double check the items you have selected, then click Fix Checked.

Through windows explorer, delete this file:
C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

post a new hijackthis log. :tazz:

sosaman20

sosaman20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i did what you said and here is the log

Scan saved at 11:19:32 AM, on 8/23/2005

Running processes:
c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-qus7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://qus7.hpwis.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WCOLOREAL] "C:\Program Files\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] c:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\Cfgwiz.exe /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Content Monitoring Tool (msCMTSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
:) :) :) :ph34r: :) :tazz: :) :) :tazz: :tazz: :ph34r:

Congratulations! :) your system is CLEAN!

WinXP Reset & All-Clean1

We have a couple of last steps to perform and then you're all set.

First, let's reset your hidden/system files and folders. System files are hidden for a reason and we don't want to have them openly available and susceptible to accidental deletion.
* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading UNSELECT Show hidden files and folders.
* CHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.
Next, let's clean your restore points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Check Turn off System Restore.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
[/list]System Restore will now be active again.

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
  • MVPS Hosts File The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
You should also have a good firewall. Here are 3 free ones available for personal use:and a good antivirus (these are also free for personal use):It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

Internet Explorer is NOT the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend:To keep your operating system up to date visitmonthly. And to keep your system clean run these free malware scannersweekly, and be aware of what emails you open and websites you visit.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klein: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Want to know more about me? Visit .: My Blog :.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.