Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lagging gameplay

• Please log in to reply

Frank101

Frank101

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
every single game i play either online from flash games from websites to downloaded on my system have very serious lag issues. I have been playing these trouble free since i first got them about 2 years ago (when i got the comp new) and now they just aren't even worth playing.

they play alright for a little while and then they seem to lag as if im using dial up or something even if my internet modem is off and im playinging single player. I have the regired amount of RAM and video cards ect, (since i have played them problem free before) but i dont know mayby i dont have enough any more i have no idea why.

i have run anti spyware/adware programs and have installed mcafee internet security suite 2005

please can somebody help me out. any info that is needed, post, and ill answer the best i can.

Edited by Frank101, 04 August 2005 - 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

Stewie7

Stewie7

• Pip
  • 4 posts
you might have a trojan or a virus/worm thats eating up your ram. :tazz:

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I think I know what the problem is.
It is probably that you have a whole lot of spyware and programrests from other programs/games you have had installed before.
You should do a full scan of your system, and scan it from spywares.
Xoftspy is very good.
And then you should also clean up your window registry from old junkfiles you don't use anymore.
RegCleaner is very good to do that.
And the third thing you should do is delete all unnecessary files/programs you don't use.
And most of all: SHUT DOWN (if possible) all programs you don't need at the moment while you play games.
The thing is to free up as much space from the ram as possible.
I hope this works!