Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cmd Prompt Printing Issues

• Please log in to reply

joelseph

joelseph

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to print from the command prompt using
PRINT /D: LPT1: D:\filename.txt

however, nothing is happening. the file enters the print queue, "pretends" to print, and then leaves the queue, but that's it. Normal printing from applications has not been affected.

I've tried redirecting LPT2 to the network location of the shared printer (as if I was printing across a network), but have the same results.

Any ideas? The printer is an HP 712C.

Edited by joelseph, 04 August 2005 - 09:11 PM.

Advertisements

joshuacat

joshuacat

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I have to admit, it has been many years since I have had to this ...Would you not do something similiar to this:

print c:\file.txt /c /d:lpt1 - Prints the file file.txt to the parallel port lpt1.

This helped me find an answer:

http://www.computerh...om/printhlp.htm

Don't think you needed the extra : after lpt1
Let me know.