Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Activation died

• Please log in to reply

Dwaine

Dwaine

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, I will try to make my story breif, I had a local kid install mycomputer and hardware, I am a busy glass blower. Well 3days ago a window pops up syaing, "you have 3 days to activate your product, would you like to do it now?" I click yes, and then the blue screen with Keys pops up and says my product is activated. it runs fine, until 3 days later. the small window, the big blue window says my product is activated. then boom it shuts off. I goto safe mode to format, but the PC will not allow me to format. I try to reinstall the windows disk the [bleeep] gave me, but it says "you are running a newer version of windows, so it will not format or over write. I called MS and they said it was a bootleg disk, but it looks real, the serial is wron. what canI do? anyting?

one hot piece of glass art for whomever helps me

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This xp "disc"... does it have the microsoft holograms embedded in the disc, or does it have a label on it? What color is it?

makai

Dwaine

Dwaine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It has the accually holograms on it... its te wierdest thing... I can't believe it wont let me format

Dwaine

Dwaine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just found, and d/led a prograsm caled dareks boot and nuke, its supposed to be though and remove everything off the hard drive, we shall see... It runs slow, but it makkes (supposedly) 3 swipes to clean it all