Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Leadtek 6600gt problem

• Please log in to reply

BDFtaylor18

BDFtaylor18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have just purchased a refurbished Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH 128MB AGP 8X from newegg.com which is really brand new to me. I installed it yesterday and everything went well while putting it in, but after i went through installing the video card I opened up the game BATTLEFIELD 2 and when I got to the menu it was stuttering and then froze and from there I had to restart my computer, I installed Splinter Cell (the game that came with the video card) and and it went through installation well but when it got to the end of installation a warning message came up and said the video card is to old or the drivers are to old which doesnt seem right because nuthing is old in my computer but I ignored the message and went on and played the game but it did the exact same thing as Battlefield 2 did. I have tried many options fixing this problem but none seem to do the trick, I have updated Windows, tried to download different drivers, etc. So if anyone could help me on how to fix this problem I would appreciate it, Thanks

What Splinter Cell looks like
Posted Image

What Battlefield 2 looks like
Posted Image

My System Specs:

Dell Dimension 8300
Windows XP Home Edition
Intel Pentuim 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1024MB DDR SDRAM PC3200 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP
The driver i have installed is ForceWare 77.72

P.S At one point Battlefield 2 worked great but then it stuttered and then froze just like it did in the menu.

Advertisements