Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick question on ABI Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jromer5

jromer5

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello I have a very simple question. I have a topic that a staff member is currently helping me with, but he/she is not online right now and I just ran across a program called ABI network in the add/remove programs list accessed through the control panel. When I try to uninstall it, a window pops up telling me that in order to completely and safely uninstall it I have to download a tool. Could this be correct...or would i be doing more harm to my computer. The website it tells me to go to is REMOVED Any advice is appreciated. Like I said, a staff member is helping me with the Aurora pop-ups he is just not currently on.

Edited by ~Kat~, 04 August 2005 - 11:22 PM.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! I removed the site link you posted. We do NOT condone the use of that "uninstaller" on this site. It leaves behind even MORE junk on your computer, and "phones home" more information about you. Would you REALLY trust a "removal tool" from the same people who infected your computer WITHOUT your permission??

I am closing this topic. Please be patient and wait for the person helping you to return. We prefer if you keep with your same topic! It makes it easier on everyone involved! :tazz: