PC won't start
Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:13 AM
Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:14 AM
1. Make sure you power cord it plugged into the PC and your surge protector. If it is reseat it.
2. Make sure the surge protector is on. If it is, reset it, then try another surge protector.
3. Test the wall outlet to make sure it has power by using something like a desk lamp.
4. When you press the power button do you get any lights or hear anything? Does the Power Supply fan in the back spin and do you feel any air moving?
5. Check the power supply and see if it has a secondary power switch, make sure it is on.
6. If you are in the US check the power supply for a red switch and make sure it says 115 (your PSU may not have this).
7. Has anything been added or changed to the computer, hardware wise lately?
Edited by GeneralAres, 05 August 2005 - 05:14 AM.
Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:39 AM
It is a Pavilion XL775.
4. Nothing happens at all. No noise, fan or lights.
6. Has red switch and is at 115.
7. No hardware has been added or changed.
I even tried a different power cord and still nothing.
Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:16 AM
Edited by warriorscot, 05 August 2005 - 08:17 AM.
Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:04 PM
Or (hopefully not) it could be a dead power switch. If you are inclined, and know what you are doing, you can test this by unplugging the tiny cables to the power switch and replace them with the reset switch cables and then use the reset button to turn on your computer.
Edited by UV_Power, 05 August 2005 - 12:06 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users