Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6.0 dumps temp files at will

• Please log in to reply

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi all

I'm having problems with the temporary files in IE 6.0 For some time now, I have been in the habit of going through my temporary intenet files and saving various files for future use. It is sometimes much easier to do this than saving each file right after Ive downloaded it.

But its a flaky, unreliable process. Sometime it hangs onto many hours of surfing, and I can find and save whatever I want. Othertimes IE dumps almost everything and only has the last 20 minutes or so of stuff saved. Files and pages that I know I visited are just gone.

They arent in the recycling bin, and I have my temporary storage set at 3.2 Gig. I'm careful to not let it get close to filling up. But once in awhile it will reset itself to some tiny number like 500 kB, which might be a related problem. But I definitely loose files even when the storage limit doesn't change.

Do I have something set incorrectly? Does anyone know where the files go when they fall out of this folder?

Or this just another one of those great features from Microsoft? :tazz:
Using XP SP2. I dont think I'm infected either.

TIA

EMCguy

Edited by EMCguy, 05 August 2005 - 12:39 AM.

Advertisements