Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital Camera videofilm to my pc?

• Please log in to reply

help meee

help meee

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
How do i get my videofilm from my Digital camera to my pc so i can see it there? :tazz:
if you should know im running windows xp home ed. and the camera is a sony DCR-TRV12E
i have plugged my Digital camera USB stick into my computer and camera but what then :S ?
a little more info when i do this nothing seems to happend, i mean is it supposed to show that something is connected to the USB? like when i plug a mp3 player in??

thanks!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

From what I can tell from reading the manual for your camera, you need to do the following things:

Make sure you have administrative rights in XP

You must install the driver for the camera before connecting it to the USB port (this will be on the CD that came with the camera - let it autorun & select the driver install option). When the install is complete & the camera is connected, windows should detect it & start the Add new hardware wizard. This should complete automatically.

The USB stick must be in the camera when you connect it to the usb port.

The camera should be switched to 'Player' mode

If you find that windows still doesn't detect the camera when you connect it, try unplugging any other USB devices you have & make sure the camera is connected directly to a USB port & not to a hub.

Let us know how you get on