Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No audio device

• Please log in to reply

bazookachoons

bazookachoons

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive just loaded a sound card on to my pc

terratec dm6fire 24/96

When i go into audio device in the volume section it states no audio device and all the options are greyed out ,

I check the hardware and the device is working properly.

Ive tryed reloading drivers ect but still no joy ,

thanks

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Are you running windows 98? IF so sounds like you loaded a wdm driver after having another sound card in there. IF that is the case I'd uninstall all software for the new sound card then go to safe mode and be sure it's removed from the device manager and then remove the card. then boot to full windows again without any sound in the computer. finally shutdown and reinstall the card. This sometimes works and sometimes you have to do it more then once. Also it may work with other versions of windows and it might not. If you are using windows 98 you could see if there are older drivers but if it's a new card good luck.