Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1GB ddr400 OR 2GB ddr333

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah or you coulda got a x800 at the time, same price as a 6600gt, brilliant card for the money.

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Update!

Today i stuck in 1 Gig of Corsair Ram (w/o dual channel, [bleep] cheapo mobo). I can Run BF 2 with either 4x anti alaising and medium textures or no anti alaising and high textures at an acceptable fps and almost glitchless (unless a bomb goes off in your face or some big effect happens, but usually your dead anyway) without overclocking, havnt tried it with yet but now im sure any bottleneck will be at the gfx card.

I forgot to mention at the start my 6600GT was some special edition version that apparantly is better than the normal GT and comes with VIVO.

Whatever the case, the corsair 1 gig kit (2 x 512mb) has made a big difference.