Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

visual basic 6

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am greener then green when it comes to vb6. I need to learn it for a possible new job. I have some experience with ms-dos basic.
My OS is Windows XP. Do I need to buy or download vb6 for XP and where?

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can download a free version of VB from microsoft it is limited to in the program you cant make .exe so it will run outside vb but its perfect for learning. When i learned at school i used and still use a giid book. "Visual Basic in easy steps" by tim anderson updated for vb6. Good book nice and simple there are a few interneet resources a well you can get modules for certain functions to sae you coding them.
The cd drive open module can be modified to make a comical button script called cup holder. Look on my computing teachers face was fantastic was rather peeved after it spread into every program in the class mind you. Well totally irrelevant anecdote: but when learning it is often useful to look at other peoples VB code modules most people dont mind and most places offer it freely for beginners

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
microsoft has the latest beta for visual studio. it comes with a gold liscense. if you live in the US then shipping is free.