Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

european to us cd

• Please log in to reply

Dillgplayer

Dillgplayer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
this is probably the wrong place to ask but does anyone know if it is possible to convert a european format CD into US format CD or at least be able to rip the european version and then burn it onto an empty CD that will play a CD player

Advertisements

jweinraub

jweinraub

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
what kind of cd is this? i have bought computer games and audio CDs in England and i have no problem running them on any of my US equipment. If it is a DVD, you maybe SOL--as you need a tv capaable of playing PAL, and play region 2 discs. Please elaborate further so I can try to pinpoint the problem you are experiencing.

Dillgplayer

Dillgplayer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

what kind of cd is this?  i have bought computer games and audio CDs in England and i have no problem running them on any of my US equipment.  If it is a DVD, you maybe SOL--as you need a tv capaable of playing PAL, and play region 2 discs.  Please elaborate further so I can try to pinpoint the problem you are experiencing.

View Post

well i'm going to scotland and my mom want this cd that isn't in the us And I was just wondering if there is any way way to play it in a standard cd player

jweinraub

jweinraub

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
like a music cd? there shouldnt be any difference. i bought music cds in england and i have no problems playing them here. so there should be no problem the other way around

Dillgplayer

Dillgplayer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

like a music cd?  there shouldnt be any difference.  i bought music cds in england and i have no problems playing them here.  so there should be no problem the other way around

View Post