Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No voice in Yahoo chat room

• Please log in to reply

chasaloo01

chasaloo01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, here's the problem. I can't get connected to the yahoo voice server. I am using the new beta now but this also happened in the older messy too. In the new beta I am able to do PC to PC calling in pm but can not for the life of me get it to connect in a chat room. I had this same problem a few weeks ago and after updating the firm ware for my router it fixed the problem. I tried that again this time and it didnt work :tazz: I have talked to my ISP about ports, they have not blocked any ports and mine are all open. I thought it was the router..NOPE, connected directly from the modem I still can't get voice in a chat room. Could it be a driver?? or something like that?? I'm about ready to toss yahoo out the door!! It is so weird because everything else works. The error I get in chat is connection failed, attempting again...after 3 attempts it diables voice all together. Any suggestions would be great!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well it is beta. have you checked with yahoo to see what they say?

chasaloo01

chasaloo01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
But my problem happened even before I tried the new beta version. And yes, i have contacted yahoo and they are no help. They tell me to run the audio wizard. When I do that I get to the last step and my pc freezes.

Edited by chasaloo01, 08 August 2005 - 07:19 AM.