Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

windows activation

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi, i have a problem with window XP

i have a lot of spyware and i was recieving help in the Malware Removal part of the forum
i got a lot of help and i went to go reboot in safe mode, all of a sudden my computer is saying that i need to register/activate windows and it is not giving me any option to skip it, when i try to activate it, my computer says "checking connectivity", and every time it seems to not be able to connect to anything?

this is probably an easy problem to fix but i dont not know that much about computers, please help

Edited by fiction, 05 August 2005 - 02:37 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Have your XP Key Code handy and phone Microsoft using the toll free number.. Explain your situation and provide them with the key Code for your XP license and they should issue a new activation code..