Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade Works 8.0 to Office 2003 Quest.

• Please log in to reply

Belmont

Belmont

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am seeing things that suggest I can upgrade Microsoft Works 8.0 (that came on my new pc and is therefore OEM software) to Microsoft Office Professional 2003 with a retail upgrade. So I got one. Then I read on the box that you can upgrade a "planned version" of Works 8.0. Anybody know what the heck THAT means?

I am afraid to open the darn thing now, in case it doesn't work and I'm out $300+. Tried to get clarity on the microsoft website...didn't really help.

Can anyone tell me for sure if this will work?

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
I don't really know what the "planned version" is, just guessing that it means that you have the discs but not installed the program. Looking at Office 2003 upgrade page on Microsoft's site, it doesn't appear that you should have any problems as long as you have the Works 8.0 discs.

http://www.microsoft...ofessional.mspx

HTH
"O"

Edited by Octagonal, 07 August 2005 - 09:41 PM.