Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

F.E.A.R Demo...

• Please log in to reply

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
IT ROCKS!!! :tazz:

Anyone else giving it a try?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Was forgetting that was out today.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
gameplay is good
graghix are great.( but had to drop back to the 5.6 ATI drivers from the 5.7s)
sound is cool on a 5.1 setup

I will buy it :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I tried it it ran good, all the specs were all the way. Makes doom 3 look like crap. lol

samus1677

samus1677

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Haha i meant to download this demo from fileplanet, but it wasnt up by 10:30, and i had to leave for work :tazz: *shakes fist at fileplanet* but i saw the e3 trailer and i was VERy impressed with this game., considering monolith hasnt made a good game since NOLF.

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Just finished it. Never seen anything like it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
One cool have you been having bother with those drivers as well.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

One cool have you been having bother with those drivers as well.

View Post

It seems to be a OpenGL issue with them (5.7s)..for me anyways..

HL2,Farcry love them..but if I goto a OGL based game say Doom3,COR escape from butcher bay or this Demo I get alot of stuttering problems..

Im sticking to the 5.6s until the 5.8s are out.....that should be soon :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah was surprised that i got a fair bit better fps when i was playing cs:s after the upgrade from 5.6. dont have doom3 was to scary so i didnt get it as i would never play it and not got COR either FAR CRY and HL2 for me.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I love the demo, I've been through it like 15 times... I just wish it were longer.

This is easily the best looking game currently, and the slo-mo is GREAT. Not too mention the AI is some of the best I have ever seen before... I swear I played hide and seek with one soldier for 5 minutes in the room before the armored guy bursts through the doorway on extreme difficulty.

How are you guys running it? I've heard some mixed feedback, people saying their 7800's can't keep up. Yet, I run it with my system with everything maxed, 1024x768 (I'm too lazy too edit the cfg and change it to 1280x1024) 2xAA, 16xAF, and soft shadows on at a steady 30FPS, 40-50 indoors.

Edited by Metalive, 11 August 2005 - 09:53 PM.

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I left it at the recommended settings. Ran smoothly except when I descended that ladder, catwalk, scary guy at bottom of ladder, scary girl at top of ladder area. Got very choppy then. FPS rates should increase once the final product is out on shelves (optimized).

Edited by mycompsux, 12 August 2005 - 12:17 AM.