Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network=the devil

• Please log in to reply

chingwithbling

chingwithbling

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi guys, right now I'm trying to set up a wireless network with a Linksys WRT54G Router. I'm trying to set it up with the internet through my Westell Wirespeed Dualconnect DSL modem, and have run into some problems. First of all, I cannot even finish the installation with Linksys' cd, because it cannot detect my internet connection when I plug the internet in through the ethernet port because I normally use my USB 2.0 ports to connect the modem and the ethernet port to share the connection with a cat-5 cable. How would I go about changing the settings back so that it connects to the internet through ethernet? I've tried the network and internet setup wizards, but nothing seems to work. When I directly plug in the internet through my ethernet port, it says that I have limited or no connectivity, and I'm guessing this is because it is expecting a connection to another computer. My goal is to get this network securely set up, and I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Thanks in advance,
James.

Edit: I just tried to rerun the verizon online dls setup CD, but when I got to the part to setup my modem, it told me to connect through usb. How do I change my network settings/internet settings to allow me to get internet through ethernet again?

Edited by chingwithbling, 06 August 2005 - 12:54 PM.

Advertisements

chingwithbling

chingwithbling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
BUMP

Anybody?

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Ok who is your isp (aol or someone like that) and do they offer support for it and be careful cause if it is aol they are picky about what they support.

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Maybe cables are reversed,,,,Provider's lead in wrong port?...Just a thought

phirewallz

phirewallz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Is your DSL PPPOE? Do you need a username and password to authenticate?
We never use the CD's. We set all of our DSL installs up manually and never have an issue.