Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOW DOES THIS SOUND

• Please log in to reply

MEPHISTO

MEPHISTO

• Pip
  • 3 posts
AMD ATHLON 64 PROCESSOR 3000+ AND ESC 755-A2 MOBO FOR 129.99
This isent sold a an online site so I cant give link

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

HOW DOES THIS SOUND

I dont hear nothin :tazz:

MEPHISTO

MEPHISTO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
MMM, Im being to vague I have a habit of that. I guess what I was trying to ask is, is this just a pile o' crap. What im trying to do is build multi media machine for playing mp3s, avi and dvd out to a tv (lcd/plasma) and some low end games. Ive read some post on this message board that say its impossible to get a good picture on a tv but I had a friend who has some type of hp hooked up to 60" rear projection lcd and was able to attain a nice picture. Sorry i is dumb!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
sounds dodgy. What core is the athlon.

TheShadow_FL

TheShadow_FL

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Mephisto,
As a Dealer/Tech, I would say that they are selling you the CPU (and a very good one at that) and throwing in the mobo for free. ;)
Is that a boxed CPU or OEM? Boxed are better because they come with a great cooling fan included.

You'll need to add a gig of ram to that combo to really get it up and screeming.
With that CPU and a gig of ram, you'll be ready for Vista. :tazz:

I'm using the 32 bit version of that CPU and I LOVE it! :(

I'm not familiar with that particular mobo.....if I was building my own system I probably would want to opt for a higher quality board.

Just a thought,
God Bless,
Shadow :)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a newcastle core so it aint that great. And if it is the same 754 on the other post you made, please dont make two posts by the way, its very old tech and not a good buy. Its also got an AGP socket so whatever gfx card you but even though it was cheaper than pci-e you probably wont be able to upgrade it.