Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'Limited or no connectivity' Need Help

• Please log in to reply

zactheripper

zactheripper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[First of all I apoligize for the fact that theres most definately numerous threads on this.]

Unfortunately, I was napping while a thunderstorm started and was awoken by a clap of lightning. I quickly shut down and unplugged the two desktop PCs in my household. After the storm I booted up both pc's to discover one works perfect and one informs me of a "disconnected internet connection". I tinkered a bit and figured that onboard ethernet socket was shot. So I went out and bought a new ethernet card, installed it, recognized fine, and "limited or no connectivity". I have tried http://www.pchell.co...nectivity.shtml and done everything reccomended and have had no luck with any of it. I have tried "WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu" fix and the "FixReg.reg" as well as the "WinsockxpFix". No luck with any of it. I've tried simply pushing the reset buttons on my router and modem and unplugging everything. I have tried different cables but no luck.
At this moment in time the computer I am on works fine and runs off the same router as the "limited or no connectivity" one.
I'd appreciate any help at all and if anything I've typed is unclear please ask me to revise it.
Thank you,
Zac~

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
does the router have Mac control? if yes, you may want to assign static IP the computer.