Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft visual C + + runtime error

• Please log in to reply

maverickfan

maverickfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help, I am receiving runtime error msg when trying to use internet explorer. I have contacted Microsoft but they were unable to get fixed short of restoring system. I would like to avoid that if possible. Please advise. THANKS!!

Advertisements

jadeinATL

jadeinATL

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Had same problem with my wife's computer since Monday. Did a lot of stuff, (MS Spyware, Spybot, Reg Mechanic, reinstalled ie) but in the end, found a reference to it on another site that said to uninstall google toolbar. Did that and it worked!

Go figure. :tazz:

bonsaiboy

bonsaiboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Help, I am receiving runtime error msg when trying to use internet explorer.  I have contacted Microsoft but they were unable to get fixed short of restoring system. I would like to avoid that if possible.  Please advise.  THANKS!!

View Post

I had the same problem, logged onto this thread and successfully tried uninstalling Google toolbar!! Thanks for the quick fix, jadeinATL!

jadeinATL

jadeinATL

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Glad it worked for you. I may not be a geek, but I can do a google search! I wonder if there's some sort of adware or virus that is causing the issue? I've had that google toolbar on her machine for at least a year with no problem. I still have it on my machine (XP Pro, not home) and I'm working fine.

Anyway, glad you're up and running!

jadeinATL

marktwain

marktwain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I received the same runtime error message when trying to launch internet explorer. Microsoft online support and my internet provider were of no help. Lucky for me that I found this site via a google search of my specific error message. I followed JadeinATL's advice to maverickfan and uninstalled the google toolbar (control panel -- add/remove programs). It worked like a charm. I have been using the toolbar for well over a year and have no idea why it started interfering with internet explorer.

jwebermd

jwebermd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I spent the better part of an entire Saturday trying to fix the same problem. Scanned for viruses, scanned my disk, defraged, re-installed Windows 98, called comcase, re-installed Comcast.... Nothing. Then I googled the error message, found this web site, removed the freakin' Google toolbar, and....SHAZAMM!! I'm back on line!!
I nearly fell out of my chair.

Thanks for the advice
J Weber

bonsaiboy

bonsaiboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I reinstalled the Google bar after uninstalling and haven't had any subsequent problems, yet...