Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NoAdware save to use?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

baltata

baltata

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys ! I installed a program called NoAdware and I noticed that beats the top rated antispyware programs at spyware/adware detections. But recently i wrote that the Program is a kind of adware product and is marked as a bad product by some Antispyware programs! Is this true , and if it is , how come it's more effective than the others then?
Please help and excuse my english

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome baltata to Geeks to Go!

NoAdware was listed as rogue because of concerns with false positives and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising including exploitation of the name "ad-aware".

NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard NoAdware as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

I hope this gives you the answers you are looking for.

baltata

baltata

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks! yes it does give me an answer , but i am still confused , because of the other programs that are detecting NoAdware 3.0 as a spyware, for example SpyBot S&D finds it as adware and delete it.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
I guess it finds the definitions and flags them.

You can ask Spybot to ignore that program.

EDIT:
As there has been no reply from the original poster for more than two weeks this topic is now closed.

If you are the original poster and still need assistance, please send me a PM.

Edited by g2i2r4, 20 August 2005 - 01:22 PM.