Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS not detecting full hard drive space

• Please log in to reply

lycos

lycos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, I just updated all of my drivers and my BIOS to the newest non beta version available. My BIOS screen says that I have 30-33 GB on my brand new 160 GB HD. What's next? I'm not sure why or how the system could not detect 130 GB. I know that there is a 137 GB limitation that can be fixed with a driver upsate, but 30 GB is far off from 137 GB. I checked the MFG's website and all of the drivers that I need are included in the Win XP OS. Any ideas? Thank you

Edit: I just recently installed Win XP on this computer and Windows does not detect more than 30 GB either

Edited by lycos, 06 August 2005 - 06:04 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Check ur jumper settings.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to have drive overlay software installed on the boot device for your system to see larger drives. If your drive didn't come with software you can download it from the mfrs. site. This is usually done when the drive is formatted using the software.