Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help slow internet and high ping

• Please log in to reply

undead4110

undead4110

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello please help cause these problems are giving me headeaches erm from what shall i start im having some issues here i have 1mb cable internet connection im on xp 768 mb ram recently my internet has been really slow and i mean slow this page took me 2 minutes to load also all the online games that i play im having high latency abouth a month ago i bought world of warcraft from the day i bhought it ive been seeing high pings of abouth 2000ms when most of the people are having abouth 30 now so far ive ran a couple of virus scans with norton and panda scan also ran a couple of spyware scans with spybot and adaware but anyway i doubth virii and spyware are the problem becuase when i saw the slow speeds i reformatted my pc now im out of ideas i think thats it thanks in advance guys i forgot to mention that i dont have a reouther not a firewall

Edited by undead4110, 06 August 2005 - 07:53 AM.

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Tools>Internet option> [delete cookies], [delete files] (incl offline); [clear history]; click [settings] & change the temp internet disk space to 20MB;

Check your speeds to see if the problem is your isp or your pc - http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=2  (note: you will need java installed). If speedsa re acceptable, you are likely looking at a problem in the PC...  :tazz:

P2E

hello please help cause these problems are giving me headeaches erm from what shall i start im having some issues here i have 1mb cable internet connection im on xp 768 mb ram recently my internet has been really slow and i mean slow this page took me 2 minutes to load also all the online games that i play im having high latency abouth a month ago i bought world of warcraft from the day i bhought it ive been seeing high pings of abouth 2000ms when most of the people are having abouth 30 now so far ive ran a couple of virus scans with norton and panda scan also ran a couple of spyware scans with spybot and adaware but anyway i doubth virii and spyware are the problem becuase when i saw the slow speeds i reformatted my pc now im out of ideas i think thats it thanks in advance guys i forgot to mention that i dont have a reouther not a firewall

View Post