Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger Problem or Virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Are you still experiencing problems?

2. If yes, please describe in great detail.

Trevuren

Advertisements

Kspaien

Kspaien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yes, still am.

When I first turn on my computer and click on Internet Explorer or click on a simple folder like My Documents the task bar would freeze. This usually happens randomly so I never know when to expect it. Sometimes the whole computer freezes though I'm still able to work with windows that is still on the restore down or maximized mode. It takes a long time to actually work again or it won't and I have to restart the whole computer.

There are times when I click on Internet Explorer and I suddenly get a message that the program isn't responding and asks me if I would like to send a report. After I get that, the window will still be open and blank. Then I get another message that says DrWatson Postmortem Debugger isn't responding and asks me if I'd like to send a report. As I get past that the program freezes. Though I've found a way for it all to fix, Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I go to task manger then click on Processes and find this name called drwtsn(sometime 32 will be beside it).exe and end the process. The task bar wipes itself clean and everything is back to normal.

This has happened more often now, and half the time I won't even be able to do anything on my computer.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
This problem does not appear to be malware related. I would suggest that you consult one of our other forums for expert assistance in this matter. Inasmuch as it isn't just while online, I suggest that you talk to these people here:

http://www.geekstogo...forum/index.php

I will leave your thread open in case they want to see what has transpired. Not much use me trying to guess what's wrong when they will KNOW what's wrong.

Good Luck

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.