Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Accessing Hotmail accounts

• Please log in to reply

dianneh

dianneh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A preface, I'm not at all technical....I just expect to turn on the computer and go!

For about the past 4-6 weeks, hubby and I cannot access our Hotmail accounts, despite being able to get onto msn.com and other websites. We always get "page not displayed" as the response. The computer was also running extremely slow.

My IT guy at work looked at my tower; he ended up calling Microsoft to do a repair, and he was told by Microsoft they are aware of the problem and are working on a patch. (Sorry, at this writing, I'm not sure what he repaired and have a request in to him regarding specifics).

Prior to problem occuring, I dutifully ran Ad-Aware and McAfee. Under Ad-Aware, was able to delete all critical objects, but on more recent runs, got messages such as, "unable to quarantine/delete windows/32/sysboot.exe (don't quote me on that exactly). Even with rebooting, nothing helped. It was at that point that I brought my tower to my IT guy, and he was surprised when I told him I was still having trouble accessing Hotmail.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have you been able to fix it and how? Remember, I am not saavy with computer lingo, so the more basic your assistance, the better!

We run Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop and subscribe to digital cable internet service.

Thanks and regards,

DianneH

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page click tools then internet options to delete cookies and delete files include offline content then clear history and close the browser, open the browser to try hotmail