Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

opinions on budget minded cpu/mobo

• Please log in to reply

bucfanmike

bucfanmike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am building a system mainly for web surfing and normal home use. (editing photos, quicken, burning cd/dvds, etc.) Very light game play, nothing more intense than probably WOW. I am looking for a budget atx cpu/mobo somewhere around the $150 range, it should include good onboard sound. I know this isnt much but i have found semprons and even some p4s in this range. I will also be adding probably a vid card like a 5500 or something with dvi and tv out. The rest of the system will outlast the mobo/cpu and I will replace it within 2 years with something better. But for now can someone offer their suggestions for this budget minded build.

My other components that I have already purchased:
atx tower
450w ps
200 gig maxtor
lite-on dvd drive
lite on dvd burner
multi card reader w/floppy
windows xp home
dell 17" lcd
Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You are very limited by that, you could probably pick up a combo on ebuyer or newegg that will tide you over.