Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i resize jpegs on my end of email

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi again, you always seem to help so here I go again. I have a jpeg files being sent to me but when they come through and i click on them to view them they are HUGE. I have tried to print them out but only get small pieces of them because of the size. I have tried saving them to "my documents" because i thought i could go in there after they were saved and resize them, but it wont let me resize once they are saved.. When i try to download them they download and when i go to open them it says "no preview". I have tried right clicking on them so that i could click on edit and resize that way but when i right click, there is no edit to click on. I'm so lost.............Kayona
Could you please email me at kayonalarsen@aol.com cant get into my yahoo for some reason, sigh..............

Advertisements

Webb

Webb

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
What is your default application for opening .jpeg files, i.e., when you click on one is it Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, MS Paint?

Both of these have pretty limited editing abilities but I think Paint at least has the ability to resize an image (Image/Stretch/Skew).

I don't know anyone that uses either of these programs because Irfanview (free) is so much better.

kayona

kayona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
its windows picture and fax viewer, maybe if i try it in paint i can get it to work? I will give that a shot. Kayona

kayona

kayona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Went into paint to stretch and skew, i had no clue that would resize when i had seen it before, anyway, IT WORKED. Thanks so much, you guys always have an answer. Kayona

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go into Internet Options, Advanced and make sure Automatic Image Resizing is enabled. Then your images will resize in both IE and Explorer.

This only works for viewing them, not printing. You can also use Irfanview

www.irfanview.com

to do general resizing, batch editing etc.

Edited by Tyger, 07 August 2005 - 01:47 PM.