Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Place to get music?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I cant go with any of those options, even though I have three computers they are been used for the internet through-out the day, so I'll think of getting Limewire on the oldest computer!Thanks!
Any more help would be appreciated!
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Often the codex with the P2P doesn't read clearly the file while it is still being downloaded, I use a program I first saw on "Click on Line", which is a free download from a google search whose name is VLC. I normally go to the file which the download is arriving to and righthand click it "open with" then VLC. It is the codex reader that I find opens most of the types outthere. Simple program and doesn't look great but it works well and is light.

Edited by fleamailman, 08 August 2005 - 02:00 AM.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
So, Is the scanner called VLC?
Regards RockyIV

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
no it is a codex-reader because a lot of times one wants to see if what one is downloading is really what it claims to be, it is for music and films as simply one doesn't want to spend hours waiting for a film to find out that it is another film all together.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
True! True! Happened before and I hate it!!They say something else and give you something else!!So can you please tell the best website to get it from!
Regards RockyIV

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Try the link below.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sorry, with limewire I haven't tried it yet as I have been using Ares and Imesh till last week so I can't tell you exactly how to do it on this P2P though I imagine that it is the same idea and that one looks into the options to find out where the incompleat download are being filed, should work, can't see why not.

I now off to work so good luck then.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Oh Thanks, Limewire gurantees no BUNDLE SPYWARE! So lets see!Thank you very much!
Regards RockyIV

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
As this thread is all about the use of a P2P program for the use of downloading music, it is against our TOS and is now closed.

Rocky, you have been given a number of paid alternatives to use to get your music. I very highly recommend you use one of them.

ScHwErV :tazz: