I'll leave this thread open for - let's say couple of days - post back here couple days later and let me know if your system is still good.
Here's some tips for future to prevent spyware;
Detect and Remove Programs:
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed. (My favourite)
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
- AntiVirus Program <= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kaspersky, this is a must have.
- Firewall <= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
- More Secure Browser <= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox.
So how did I get infected in the first place? (My favourite)
http://www.windowsupdate.com to get EVERY available critical update.
If you want to learn how to help people with malware problems like I helped you, feel free to take a look at this thread; http://www.geekstogo...here-t4817.html