Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on website

• Please log in to reply

Mich73

Mich73

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi all,

I am not trying to promote this, just need some help. It is a website someone started for my sister's motorcycle ride she holds each year. I am now going to take this over and have made a few changes in the past month. But I am by no means a web designer. I think its a bit busy and is not consistant with links and what should go where.

Can you take a look and give me some ideas to revamp it and make it better? What is your impression of it overall? Obviously, we are not real good with finding nice graphics either. LOL

My first thought is to ditch godaddy. I cant work too well with their site. I was thinking since she has the domain name and using the homepage from godaddy, I could make this a nice big graphic that just says enter or something like that. There is just too much on this homepage and it messes up on me to keep adding more links and such. Which is what I really need to do. I think.

Keetyns Ride for SIDS

Thanks

Edited by Mich73, 06 August 2005 - 10:05 PM.

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
You could start by adding some bars on the left and right side to enclose the site, second, since you have so many links to other addresses in the menu (not reccommended because it just draws people away from the site) you could put those pages on your site with IFRAMES. That way ppl will stay on your site while viewing the content of another. eg. If you changed your guestbooks bg color to white, and put it in an iFrame on your page, most people would see it as part of your site.

This site is mostly what I would call a blank page...not much on it..try adding some more graphics. I kno your short on software, but you can even use paint to make some nice bar graphics.

I like the logo, def keep that :tazz:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mich73

Mich73

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thanks for the feedback! We are moving to a new site, so I get to start from scratch. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks

xeno439

xeno439

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My response would be to download one of millions of free web templates (google them) that are out there and fill in your content.

http://flashmailforms.com

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
If you have the time to learn and are willing to do it, I'd go with cutom :tazz: