Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows style mixup

• Please log in to reply

hawaiianlei

hawaiianlei

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I scanned my computer today in safe mode and when i restarted my computer, my startup menu and taskbar were all in the windows classic mode. even the files that i open up are in windows classic. i cant change into the XP silver theme because it is no longer available. When i go into properties and click "appearance" and click the windows and buttons, the only theme available is Windows classic. My start menu is the same start menu that Safe Mode uses. Is there any way i can get my XP style back with the XP silver theme?

Edited by hawaiianlei, 06 August 2005 - 10:13 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you tried the System Restore feature? Why did you scan (and what did you scan with?) in safe mode?

Johanna

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Aloha hawaiianlei,

Your Luna theme is probably corrupted or missing.

Go HERE and scroll down the page to #187. On the right side you will see Restore Luna theme-Restore Classic theme. Right-click on the file and save it to your desktop.

Depending how your machine is set up, you will either see a Winzip file called Resources, or a WinXP Zip folder called Resources.

Whichever it is, open the downloaded file and find the file named Luna.msstyles... the file size will be 4,089 kbytes.

Move this file to C:\Windows\Rescources\Themes\Luna. You may already have the same Luna file listed in this folder, but you must replace it with the new one.

Restart your machine and go to Display Properties and you should be able to choose the XP theme again.

makai

Edited by makai, 07 August 2005 - 01:17 AM.

hawaiianlei

hawaiianlei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ive tried system restore already. it doesnt work. now, i have a new problem. wen i unzip the file and open the file indicated, the XP theme works again (without restarting). but when i restart the comp, the theme is gone again. so i reentered the folder and opened the file (luna.msstyles) and the computer freezes. ive restarted and tried many times again, but it is all the same.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry I missed your post all this time. Everything moves too quickly around here.

If you're still having problems and need help, please send me a PM so I'll know to respond to your thread.