I don't think it's a malware issue, but let's try these. If this doesn't help anything, then I will move this topic to the XP forum.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
Reboot into normal mode.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner
You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Scan Options:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Edited by Michelle, 17 August 2005 - 07:00 PM.