Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Im on a laptop and somehow I managed to make the screen small and I dont know how to get it back to normal.
I pressed a button or possibly two(i was typing) and all of a sudden my computer screen shrank. Now I have a really small screen with a black border around it. Please help, I have no idea what to do and I dont want to mess around with it not knowing what Im doing because I dont want to break it.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Open Display Properties/Settings/Advanced... choose the Display tab, then choose your LCD. Make sure "Scale to panel size"... or something like that, is checked.

makai

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
before i got ur reply my boyfriend told me to go to display settings and then slide the little bar until it made the screen the right size so i did that and it got the screen back to the right size. i just did what u told me to(no change in the appearance) but everything on the screen still looks really small. (the icons on the desktop, the start button and taskbar and all that kind of stuff.especially the type on here :tazz: ) is there something i can do to correct that?
thanks for ur help!

Edited by Gibbs1, 06 August 2005 - 11:27 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What did you "slide"? Screen resolution?? What is your screen resolution set to?

Please read my signature and at least post what kind of laptop you have.

Edited by makai, 07 August 2005 - 12:12 AM.

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Im on a compaq (Evo N610 if thats a model). I have no idea about the other stuff or even how to find out.
I slid the "screen area" slider. Its now at 1400 by 1050 pixels.

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Never mind. I just fixed it. Thanks so much for your help!!