Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

eastrise15

eastrise15

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
i just installed an ati radeon 9250 video card and now after successful installation my computer seems to think that it has two monitors connected to it. I cannot see the desktop icons that are usually there, to see any windows open i had to use the microsoft magnifier to see what was going on offscreen, i opened the display properties window and in the settings tab it shows a blue screen with the numbers 1 and 2 in each one, these stand for monitors im assuming

ive messed with some of these setting with no luck, ive also played around with the buttons on the monitor itself, these also do nothing to help

any suggestions?

Advertisements

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
You should have ur video on the number 1 .... also make sure you dont have have ur video card on secondary. Under were it says screen resolution make sure both boxes are checked.

eastrise15

eastrise15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
also make sure you dont have have ur video card on secondary

how do i change that

also i made sure the 1 monitor was the default monitor now i cant see a thing on it

eastrise15

eastrise15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
bump

eastrise15

eastrise15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I just installed a radeon 9250 graphics card from ati. it finally installed correctly after i disabled the card that came with the computer i just bought. the problem now comes in because i cannot see the entire screen on my monitor. i can move my mouse the the right side off the screen and click the start button if i get lucky enough to find it, anyway i used the visually impaired feature of windows to zoom in on my mouse icon. doing this i can see what im doing off screen. my question is how do i get it back to normal so that the entire screen is shown on the monitor? ive used the controls on the outside of the monitor but that didnt do any good, also it seems to think i have two monitors connected to my pc which i dont. btw it is not an lcd monitor.