Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avg antivirus free?

• Please log in to reply

hongfu_chen

hongfu_chen

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Is it free or not?

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Yes, it is free for home users!

hongfu_chen

hongfu_chen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
how do you get the license number, any link would be helpful.

Thank you again

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
The license number will be emailed to you at the email you signed up with when you downloaded the free trial. It sometimes takes a little while to receive it.

hongfu_chen

hongfu_chen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
and how long is the trial, two month, 6 months?

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
hongfu Chen:

The AVG Free edition is free fot the life of the product and provides the same protection as the professional one. However, it is only for HOME users and may not be used in businesses etc.

The AVG Profesional edition has a free trial period for 30 days and you get your licence number along with your trial download.

I recommend getting the free edition if you are a home user since it provides the same protection rules as the pro edition. The only thing it lack is technical support. However, the free edition has a tech support forum.

Hope all this helped.

hongfu_chen

hongfu_chen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

hongfu Chen:

The AVG Free edition is free fot the life of the product and provides the same protection as the professional one. However, it is only for HOME users and may not be used in businesses etc.

The AVG Profesional edition has a free trial period for 30 days and you get your licence number along with your trial download.

I recommend getting the free edition if you are a home user since it provides the same protection rules as the pro edition. The only thing it lack is technical support. However, the free edition has a tech support forum.

Hope all this helped.

View Post

Hi, thanks for the response.

Can I please have a link if it's possible?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Is it free or not?

View Post

Yes AVG Free edition is FREE. Here is the website for the free edition:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hi, thanks for the response.

Can I please have a link if it's possible?

View Post

sure, here you go.

http://free.grisoft.com

:tazz:

hongfu_chen

hongfu_chen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
that'll be all thanks

btw i like your avartar lion :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Your totally welcome, I hope you enjoy using AVG (if you do download and start using it).

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

The license number will be emailed to you at the email you signed up with when you downloaded the free trial. It sometimes takes a little while to receive it.

View Post

Kat, the newer free version of AVG already has a licence with the software, so you just install it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you like avg try Avast i found the scanner alot better and the end software much more polished, its in the league of the norton and macafee scanners that you buy the yearly liscence for. Nod 32 is also an amazing virus scaner but you only get a trial but if you have a stubborn virus nod32 is what you need.

http://www.avast.com.../down_home.html

http://www.nod32.com...nload/trial.htm

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
You also may want to try out 'E-trust E-Scan 2005'. It's a powerful AV tool and you get a 12 month free subscription.

http://store.ca.com/...5939&CID=190471

AVG is the one I use though, and I find it very accurate and complete. It's got all you need in an AV program. :tazz:

Edited by LIONWOODS, 10 August 2005 - 11:38 AM.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

AVG is the one I use though, and I find it very accurate and complete. It's got all you need in an AV program. :tazz:

View Post

Now you see why I highly recommend AVG, and also for me. It's detected everything for me on my computer aye.