Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ABIT AV8 3rd Eye - POST Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply

goodlogic

goodlogic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

This is my first post and could do with all the help i can get!

I bought a AMD 64 3000+ CPU, ABIT AV8 3rd Eye Motherboard and 1GB Geil DDR400 Dual Channel Memory.

Ive followed the ABIT manual to install everything and everytime i turn the pc on i get the following POST code sequence then it turn itself off.

83 - Save all data in stack back to CMOS
87 - NET PC: Build SYSID Structure
9C - Not in manual! NO IDEA!

I have rechecked everything a million times and still no luck. All lead are in correct place and I have reset the CMOS as stated in the manual before turning on.

Any ideas peeps ?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

What power supply do you have? I have a couple ideas but we need to start with the psu.

Rick

armyofnone

armyofnone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry to bump, especially with a one post wonder like me, but I'm having the same problem witha fairly decent 400w.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
armyofnone:

Could you start your own topic please, stating your system specs & the exact problems you are experiencing. We get rather confused if we try to deal with more than one person per topic.

Thanks