Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

how much power do i need for each hardware

• Please log in to reply

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
i would like to know how can i calculate the power i need for my computer. how much power do a sata hard disk require and how much power do a graphic card need. Is there any software that could calculate the amount of power that had been used.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes easiest way do a google search there are a few, sata hard drive dont require a signinficant amount of power its you cpu and gfx card that require alot of power and that depends on the card and cpu themselves. I think a P4 is between 75W and 95W. i use this one http://www.jscustomp...m/power_supply/.

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
the site is quite outdated...... and there are something that i not really understand.
Is a one slot 256 DDR SDRAM uses the same power as a 1024 DDRSDRAM? Is a 120GB sata hardisk consume the same power as a 250GB sata hardisk? How much do 2 MSI 6600GT SLI consume?

i am using gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard which have a card name K8DPS which known as dual power system. It stated there that the dual power system could supply a total 6 phase power circuit design. So, did this add on the power of my power supply? what is the difference between 3 phase power and 6 phase power.