Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kernel stack error

• Please log in to reply

driley43

driley43

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yep another blue screen prob. I have a Gateway 420 GR bought in 2/05. Harddrve went and was replaced 6/05. Now I'm getting the following again. Kernel Stack Error
Stop 0X 000000 77 0X C000000 0E 0X C000000 0E 0X 000000000 0X 01C42000
DUMP PHYSICAL MEMORY

We do play games such has downloaded ones from Real Arcade and some Bingo sites such as Bingo Lotto.

I have Norton which does not detect anything. Also run CCLEANER everyday. I also run Ad AWARE and Spy Subtract. Everything seems to come up clean. This seems to be the same thing I went thru before. Is it my harddrive again? Shouldn't this machine be able to handle game playing?

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Welcome to G2G:

Has any other errors occured apart from that one? :tazz:

Edited by LIONWOODS, 07 August 2005 - 07:45 AM.

driley43

driley43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
no but if I shut down during memory dump, then it will come up can't read disk

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
In ur case, the second parameter for STOP 0x77 is 0XC0000000E which means:
STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: the drive went unavailable, possibly a bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card.
Refer: Two M$ article for details on this error. (link1), (link2).

Lets scan ur hard-disk for errors.
Follow these steps:
Start->Run. Type cmd. Press Enter.
In the Command-Prompt Window, type chkdsk /f /r. Press Enter.
(Note: U will be prompted to restart as the scan takes place on next reboot. So, restart and finish the scan.)

driley43

driley43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry I have been down. Best Buy said I was full of Spyware. NOT...Charged me 113 bucks which I got back, because after I brought it home and started it up, same thing happened. I finally got chdsck to come up and scan and fix everything. I think I had a conflict somewhere with printer. I have it uninstalled now and will reinstall. Is there someway I can run the chdsck if the blue screen comes up again and windows won't start? I did get rid of Norton and bought PC cillin and also Spy Sweeper. Now we will see.