Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS Post Reporter

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I am in the process of building a computer system. Some of the parts I have, others are in the mail, and the rest will be purchased tomorrow. One of the items I have already received is my ASUS A8V Deluxe Motherboard which features the ASUS Post Reporter. This small program gives you audible clues, during POST, as to what is happening inside your system. Normal routines are reported and even better...errors are identified. This prevents the user (me) from having to decifer the code (or beeps) provided via most other boards. My question is this: What does the program use for output? My new computer case doesn't have an internal speaker. Do any of you have this or another ASUS board with this feature? If so, I'd love to know if I need to purchase an internal speaker for my system's case, or if the software will use my current sound card and speaker package.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

r3maverick

r3maverick

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have the exact same mother board as u do. I does not require a intenral speaker. As long as u hahve a speaker plug for the back of ur case it will come out the speakers u have plugged in