Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows advantage tool

• Please log in to reply

patwkelly

patwkelly

• Pip
  • 5 posts
On my laptop - legal xp sp2 pro - I went to windows update - it indicated that i needed the WGA tool , it down loaded, but when it tried to install, it comes back in about 5 secs ansd says it fails. I can't see any error info anywhere. I have dropped all adware and fire walls

any ideas

BTW - I have sucessfully don thios to my other 3 pc's with no issues

Advertisements

patwkelly

patwkelly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
added note : i was abble to bet the tool loaded by a suggestin from his board, but now all installs fail - down load ok but update installs fail with no errors

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page click tools, manage add ons, change to add ons which have been used by internet explorer, see if genuine advantage is there, if so, click it to highlight then click update active X